Children’s Morning Class – 20-24 January 2020
Classes run from 10am-12pm each morning. With a just a small group your child will settle in quickly and have plenty of individual attention. Children will have their own floor loom for the morning to work on and will create an item which they take home after the class. No experience is necessary. The looms are all set up and ready for weaving and a wide selection of wools are available to use (included in the cost)
Children who book in for consecutive days continue to work on the same piece, making a wall hanging or table runner. Looms, materials & morning tea all supplied
Children who book in for Wednesday’s class can also extend it to a full day class. In the afternoon section we will sew, stitch, plait or spin, either making the bags etc with the children’s weaving, or extending on the carding and spinning. This will depend on the children attending and where their interests lie. Please see seperate listing for the full day class.
Cost is $45 per session
Why not get a group of your child’s friends together so they can share in the fun
- A wide range of textiles activities are available at the studio
- Primarily children learn to weave on the Japanese Saori floor looms.
- These looms are simple to use, using both hands and feet, creating a rhythm which is both calming and relaxing, while also opening up opportunities for creativity
- They can also use tapestry looms, bead looms & pompom makers
- We also visit the alpacas with the parents so the children learn the whole cycle of textile work, from raw fleece, to finished product.