Our full day children’s weaving classes run from 10am-3pm. With a just a small group your child will settle in quickly and have plenty of individual attention. Children will have their own floor loom for the morning to work on and will create an item which they take home after the class. No experience is necessary. The looms are all set up and ready for weaving and a wide selection of wools are available to use (included in cost).
Children who book in for consecutive days continue to work on the same piece, making a wall hanging or table runner.
Looms, materials & morning tea all supplied. Please bring own lunch.
Session cost: $110
Gather a group of your child’s friends together so they can share in some creative fun.
- A wide range of textiles activities are available at the studio
- Primarily children learn to weave on the Japanese Saori floor looms
- These looms are simple to use, using both hands and feet, creating a rhythm which is both calming and relaxing, while also inviting opportunities for creativity
- They can also use tapestry looms, bead looms & pompom makers
- We also visit the alpacas with the parents so the children learn the whole cycle of textile work, from raw fleece, to finished product
- In this full day class we also try our hand at carding the fleece and spinning it into yarn